$165/ 6 weeks
All sessions include guided at-home practice & videos
- Wednesdays, November 14th – December 19th, with Torrey Mansur 12:30-1:45pm with these exceptions:
- First class on 11/14 is 2 hours long, 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- Second class is Monday, 11/19; 12:30pm – 1:45pm (No class on 11/21 due to the Thanksgiving holiday)
- Fridays, January 4th – February 8th, with Torrey Mansur 1:00 – 2:15 (first class 1:00-3:00)
- Wednesdays, January 30th – March 6th, with Annemaria Rajala 12:30 – 1:45 (first class 12:30-2:30)
- Mondays, February 25th – April 1st, with Torrey Mansur 12:30 – 1:45 (first class 12:30-2:30)
Appropriate from 6 weeks – 2 years postpartum. Pre-crawling babies are welcome.
If you are concerned that you have diastasis recti, you are welcome to attend our Monday afternoon Mom & Baby yoga class and be assessed.
You grew a baby and gave birth to it, be it vaginally or by cesarean birth. You, and your body, are amazing! However, bringing life into this world doesn’t come without a impact to the body. If you notice that your core, and/or your pelvic floor, are different than before — perhaps you notice more bulge in the midline of your tummy, or more low back problems than before, or you have a harder time ‘holding it’ before making it to the bathroom — you very well may find this specialized core rehabilitation program to be an important aspect of your self-care.
Come join Annemaria Rajala, E-RYT 500 and/or Torrey Mansure, RYT 500 and other moms for a body-positive 6-week series built for new mama bodies. The recovery of core function after birth begins with finding optimal alignment, good breathing, and a meaningful dialogue with our deep core muscle layers. The practices will allow you to rebuild a strong foundation and empower you to move with awareness. During the series you will:
- Meet for a weekly guided practice
- Have short daily video practices for at-home support (and access to the material for 6 more months after series ends)
- Learn how to strengthen your core layers in a progressive manner
- Learn how your pelvic floor functions as a part of your deep core system and why kegels might not be a fix-all recipe for all mamas
- Get practical advice on how to care for your body in your daily life with baby to aid in your recovery
- Lots of patience, compassion, and loving kindness toward your body is encouraged and there is room to progress at your own individual pace
- Have a network of new mamas to engage with and a community of support
- Pre-crawling babies are welcome to weekly classes (there will be a baby holder on site)
About the Teachers:
teachers in many different styles. Torrey became certified as a Registered Yoga Teacher in 2012,
became a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher in 2014 and obtained an advanced RYT-500 in
2017 from Yoga Tree in San Francisco. She truly believes that yoga is available to everybody,
and is eager to share this healing practice with the world, one breath at a time.