$165/ 6 weeks
All sessions include guided at-home practice & videos.
- Fridays, September 6th – October 11th, with Annemaria Rajala 12:30 – 1:45 (First class is from 1:00 – 3:00!)
- Fridays, October 18th – November 22nd, 1:00pm – 2:15pm (First class is from 1:00 – 3:00!)
- 2020 classes will be updated soon!
If you are looking for the series that starts on August 1st with Torrey, please check out this page instead.
Appropriate from 6 weeks – 2 years postpartum. Pre-crawling babies are welcome.
You grew a baby and gave birth to it, be it vaginally or by cesarean birth. You, and your body, are amazing! However, bringing life into this world doesn’t come without a impact to the body. If you notice that your core, and/or your pelvic floor, are different than before — perhaps you notice more bulge in the midline of your tummy, or more low back problems than before, or you have a harder time ‘holding it’ before making it to the bathroom — you very well may find this specialized core rehabilitation program to be an important aspect of your self-care.
Come join Annemaria Rajala, E-RYT 500 and other moms for a body-positive 6-week series built for new mama bodies. The recovery of core function after birth begins with finding optimal alignment, good breathing, and a meaningful dialogue with our deep core muscle layers. The practices will allow you to rebuild a strong foundation and empower you to move with awareness. During the series you will:
- Meet for a weekly guided practice
- Have short daily video practices for at-home support (and access to the material for 6 more months after series ends)
- Learn how to strengthen your core layers in a progressive manner
- Learn how your pelvic floor functions as a part of your deep core system and why kegels might not be a fix-all recipe for all mamas
- Get practical advice on how to care for your body in your daily life with baby to aid in your recovery
- Lots of patience, compassion, and loving kindness toward your body is encouraged and there is room to progress at your own individual pace
- Have a network of new mamas to engage with and a community of support
- Pre-crawling babies are welcome to weekly classes (we no longer promise a helper to hold babies).
About the Teacher: