$165/ 6 weeks
All sessions include guided at-home practice & videos
- Fridays, May 31st – July 12th, 1:00pm – 2:15pm (First class is from 1:00 – 3:00!) *No class on July 5th!*
- Fridays, August 2nd – September 13th, 1:00pm – 2:15pm (First class is from 1:00 – 3:00!) *No class on August 30th!*
- Fridays, September 20th – October 25th, 1:00pm – 2:15pm (First class is from 1:00 – 3:00!)
- Fridays, November 1st – December 13th, 1:00pm – 2:15pm (First class is from 1:00 – 3:00!) *No class on November 29th!*
If you are looking for the series that starts on Wednesday, May 1st, Wednesday August 28th, or Wednesday, October 16th with Annemaria, please check out this page instead.
Appropriate from 6 weeks – 2 years postpartum. Pre-crawling babies are welcome.
You grew a baby and gave birth to it, be it vaginally or by cesarean birth. You, and your body, are amazing! However, bringing life into this world doesn’t come without a impact to the body. If you notice that your core, and/or your pelvic floor, are different than before — perhaps you notice more bulge in the midline of your tummy, or more low back problems than before, or you have a harder time ‘holding it’ before making it to the bathroom — you very well may find this specialized core rehabilitation program to be an important aspect of your self-care.
Come join Torrey Mansur, E-RYT 500 and other moms for a body-positive 6-week series built for new mama bodies. The recovery of core function after birth begins with finding optimal alignment, good breathing, and a meaningful dialogue with our deep core muscle layers. The practices will allow you to rebuild a strong foundation and empower you to move with awareness. During the series you will:
- Meet for a weekly guided practice
- Have short daily video practices for at-home support (and access to the material for 6 more months after series ends)
- Learn how to strengthen your core layers in a progressive manner
- Learn how your pelvic floor functions as a part of your deep core system and why kegels might not be a fix-all recipe for all mamas
- Get practical advice on how to care for your body in your daily life with baby to aid in your recovery
- Lots of patience, compassion, and loving kindness toward your body is encouraged and there is room to progress at your own individual pace
- Have a network of new mamas to engage with and a community of support
- Pre-crawling babies are welcome to weekly classes
About the Teacher:
Torrey Mansur (RYT-500, RPYT) is a dedicated student of yoga, yoga teacher, life enthusiast, and mama. She teaches Hatha, Restorative, Therapeutic yoga, Prenatal yoga and Postnatal yoga all around the San Francisco Bay Area. Her classes are regarded for being alignment based, yet playful opportunities to connect with your body and have an authentic experience. She truly believes that yoga is available to everybody, and she is eager to share this healing practice with the world, one breath at a time.