$200/ 6 weeks (5% discounts for Lactation Consulting clients and Mom/ Baby yoga pass holders)
First Time New Moms Group participants also eligible for 10% discounts on our most popular New Parent classes and $10 savings on a Postpartum massage.
- Mondays, May 7th-June 12th–10:00am-12:00pm with Amber Schevon (Please note no meeting on the May 28th holiday)
- Tuesdays, June 5th-July 17th–1:00pm-3:00pm with A’Maya Ettien (Please note no meeting on the July 3rd holiday)
- Mondays, July 9th-August 13th– 10:00am-12:00pm with A’Maya Ettien
- Tuesdays, July 24th- August 28th–1:00pm-3:00pm with Sarah Tyack
- Mondays, August 20th-October 1st–10:00am-12:00pm with Amber Schevon (Please note no meeting on the September 3rd holiday)
- Tuesdays, September 11th-October 16th–1:00pm-3:00pm with A’Maya Ettien
Most often for moms with babies 2 weeks to 5 months old– but this is really about your changing life as a new parent. (You are welcome to join us no matter what YOUR age is!)
In a cozy and non-judgmental environment, complete with changing tables, a baby scale, and plenty of people to hold your baby if you need to use the restroom, our First Connections: First Time Moms Group explores the big life transition of becoming a parent, while building connections with other Oakland-area new moms.
There are so many questions, choices, and sometimes big emotions to navigate in the early months of parenthood. This is an opportunity to chat openly about the ups and downs, joys, and challenges of adjusting to life as the mother, surrounded by other moms (and a facilitator) who not only gets it, but likely lives much of it, too. We routinely have experts come share their knowledge with the group and we coordinate a reunion for Moms to reconnect and partners to meet and hang out (usually a weekend morning at a park or a home, a month or two after the last group). Participants also receive discounts to our most popular New Parent classes: Mom & Baby Yoga, Infant Massage & Baby Signs, and BellyBabies: a TummyTime Method class. Learn More
If you need to miss one group, that is quite common (sometimes even two), but if you need to miss any more than that we recommend that you look to the next group to see if that’s a better fit for you.
(Class Description Continued)
- Infant sleep, infant feeding, and infant development
- Your relationship with your partner, your postpartum body, and sexuality
- Sorting through the culture of parenting and all the advice that comes pouring in
- Exploring what the equilibrium between work, life, and parenthood looks like for you
- Returning to work outside the home: finding a childcare provider and making decisions around this transition
- Your identity as a woman, mother, partner, daughter and friend: how things grow, how things change, and what to do as you process all of it.
- Sharing practical information about things like baby gear, local resources for parents, and babies, and other baby-related things.
In addition to the weekly facilitated group, moms will also have an online group and a group-initiated weekly meetup to get out, get some fresh air or lunch, and get your sea-legs with getting out of the house with your baby.