$200 ($175 for “graduates” of our Childbirth Preparation Series)
At this stage of the pandemic, we are still offering online support groups as we wait to see what the impact of the reopening and the latest variants are on the community. However, in our groups we encourage one meet up per week independently outside of group and many parents are choosing to meet in person in an outside location and following proper COVID-19 protocols.
- Thursdays, August 12th – September 16th, 1:00pm – 2:30pm/3:00pm (park based groups may be an option for the last few groups depending on COVID rates at the time.)
We find that with Virtual services, when groups are 5-8, they naturally “feel” done in 1.5 hours, but with larger groups (9-12) we need the full 2 hours. For smaller groups, we keep the “room” open for continued connection and conversation within the group, and for possible guest speakers (typically experts in infant sleep, pelvic floor recovery, baby sign language, choosing childcare + returning to work, and partner relationships.)
Most often for moms with babies 2 weeks to 5 months old at the start of the group — but this is really about your changing life as a new parent. (You are welcome to join us no matter what YOUR age is!)
In a cozy and non-judgmental environment, complete with changing tables, a baby scale, and plenty of people to hold your baby if you need to use the restroom (this part is on hold until the pandemic allows in-person indoor gatherings) our First Connections: First Time Moms Group explores the big life transition of becoming a parent, while building connections with other new birthing parents
There are so many questions, choices, and sometimes big emotions to navigate in the early months of parenthood. This is an opportunity to chat openly about the ups and downs, joys, and challenges of adjusting to life as the mother, surrounded by other moms (and a facilitator) who not only gets it, but likely lives much of it, too. We routinely have experts come share their knowledge with the group and we coordinate a reunion for Moms to reconnect and partners to meet and hang out (usually a weekend morning at a park or a home, a month or two after the last group). Learn More
If you need to miss one group, that is quite common (sometimes even two), but if you need to miss any more than that we recommend that you look to the next group to see if that’s a better fit for you.
(Class Description Continued)
- Infant sleep, infant feeding, and infant development
- Your relationship with your partner, your postpartum body, and sexuality
- Sorting through the culture of parenting and all the advice that comes pouring in
- Exploring what the equilibrium between work, life, and parenthood looks like for you
- Returning to work outside the home: finding a childcare provider and making decisions around this transition
- Your identity as a woman, mother, partner, daughter and friend: how things grow, how things change, and what to do as you process all of it.
- Sharing practical information about things like baby gear, local resources for parents, and babies, and other baby-related things.
In addition to the weekly facilitated group, moms will also have an online group and a group-initiated weekly meetup to get out, get some fresh air or lunch, and get your sea-legs with getting out of the house with your baby.