With the aim explore common concerns about birth and to introduce the core skills of labor support, this is a class that focuses primarily on training a birth partner in techniques to support a laboring woman, while also facilitating discussion to explore:
- Pain in labor and how to proactively cope with it
- Practices to support a more relaxed labor and coping skills to relieve stress and anxiety
- Positioning to facilitate the normal progress of labor and birth
- Massage and touch to ease the pain of labor — and how a support person can provided them without feeling like they will break their back!
- Self-care for the birth partner — it’s a big job caring for a woman in labor!
- Practical information for birth partners to help them understand some do’s and don’ts of supporting a woman in labor
- How to proactively work to minimize or work through common challenges in labor
Designed as the complement to our Mind, Body, Birth class, this class is also a solid stand-alone class for people looking for hands-on and practical techniques for labor support or a “refresher” if you and your partner have an older child.
Save a Spot