$50 (complementary for participants of our Childbirth Preparation Series)
- Monday, October 16th, 6:30-9:00pm
- Monday, October 30th, 6:30-9:00pm
- Monday, November 13th, 6:30-9:00pm
- Wednesday, December 6th, 6:30-9:00pm
- Wedbesday, December 20th, 6:30-9:00pm
By this point, you’ve probably heard that breastfeeding is good for the short-term and long-term health of babies and moms (and our pocket books!), but you’ve also possibly been told that, for some, it’s not necessarily as easy as it should be. Learning exactly how to breastfeed your baby (or babies!) happens when you are “on-the-job” with your baby in your arms — but there are some valuable things to wrap your mind around before your baby comes.
When registering: If your partner plans to attend, it is important to save a spot for them in the class as well. On your Dashboard in our registration system, scroll down the right hand column. Under Account Relationships choose +Add a new client to manage. Put in your partner’s name and then register them for the same Breastfeeding 101 class you have chosen with the same coupon code. Or just call us at 510-817-2229 and we’d be happy to do it for you.
- Key things to know about milk production — how to build and maintain a robust supply, basics about potential health issues that can affect your supply
- How to know your baby is hungry, full, and gaining weight appropriately– how to tell that all is well or know if you need some support
- The potential impact of the birth experience on initiating breastfeeding
- Getting the best start you can — in the first hour, first few days, and the first few weeks
- Basics about breast pumps, the different types and why to chose a particular type
- Best practice on when to introduce bottles or other ways to feed a baby breastmilk (or formula)
- The ideal things partners, friends, and family can help with in the first few weeks
- Answers to common questions about food, drinks, medications, and more